If you’re in the middle of a job search and you’re feeling lost, working with a staffing firm is one of the best ways to seek guidance. But an effective relationship takes more than an Internet search or a phone call. Here are five steps you can take to make the most of partnering with a staffing firm:
- Know what you’re looking for. A good staffing firm will be dedicated to finding a job that’s a good fit for you. But the more you help your staffing specialist, the more they can help you. Give them a head start by knowing what kind of hours you want to work, what kind of office culture you’re most comfortable in, and what your compensation requirements are.
- Know what we can offer you. Different staffing firms have different strengths, so work with one that makes the most sense for you. At Contemporary Staffing Solutions, we work with companies in New Jersey, Delaware, Pennsylvania, Florida and beyond. We have different divisions dedicated to general clerical work, sales, and information technology. We also offer benefits to our workers including earned time off, discounts on major medical, and membership to a credit union.
- Take your work seriously. Staffing firms oftentimes hire for temporary and contract positions. If you’re in the market for a full-time job, don’t make the mistake of turning down short-term or temp-to-hire work. If you treat a temporary opportunity like a full-time position, it may grow into one. Take advantage of the chance to learn new skills, to network, and to get your foot in the door.
- Don’t forget you’re working for us, too. Don’t forget: no matter what company you’re working for, you’re an employee of the staffing firm, too. We handle all of your paperwork, from payroll to taxes, so stay in touch with us if there are any problems. Also let your staffing specialist know if there are any changes in your qualifications or if you want to start searching for a different kind of job.
- Build a relationship with us. If you choose to work with our staffing firm, make sure you put effort into building relationships with your contacts. If you’re in the middle of a job search, it’s perfectly acceptable to check in periodically to see if there have been any new openings. If you’re working, feel free to let us know how things are going.
Ready to build a relationship with your personal staffing specialist at Contemporary Staffing Solutions? Contact us to learn more or browse our open jobs today!