Diversity & Inclusion
Our Commitment to diversity and inclusion
CSS’s commitment to diversity can be traced back to our late founder, Donna Pearson. She was the sole provider for a family of five children and a pioneer in empowering women in the workplace and reaching across cultural boundaries. We continue her legacy over 25 years later by making diversity and inclusion top priorities.
We value our differences
CSS recognizes that our employees’ differences in age, color, disability, ethnicity, family or marital status, gender identity or expression, language, national origin, physical and mental ability, political affiliation, race, religion, sexual orientation, socio-economic status, veteran status, and other characteristics contribute to the betterment of our work environments and the services we provide to our Clients.
CSS’s diversity initiatives are implemented in our practices and policies on recruitment and selection, compensation, professional development and training, and promotions and transfers. We are dedicated to the ongoing development of a work environment that promotes respectful communication, teamwork, employee participation, and contributions to our surrounding community. Thank you for joining us on this journey.
CSS has made a concerted effort to bring D &I to the focus of our organization, implementing the following:
- Mandatory Diversity & Inclusion Training for all corporate staff
- Creation of Diversity & Inclusion as a company core value
- Commitment to increasing our diverse talent pool and employees by 10-15% for 2021
- Applied Professional Development funds to have corporate staff obtain AIRS (Advanced Internet Recruitment Strategies) Diversity Recruitment Certification
- Introduced Diversity Awareness events through employee volunteers and our Employee Engagement Committee, including Black History Month Trivia, Women’s History Month promoting women-owned businesses, and future sessions on Autism Awareness, Mental Health Awareness, Pride Month, Hispanic Heritage Month and Jewish Traditions.