CSS team members have submitted MANY of their best recipes that they have been creating over the last few weeks.
Cupcakes, cookies, roasts and veggies, etc. Check back here every week for a new recipe for you to create!
Provided by Stephanie
- Large cut of meat for braising- short ribs, pork shoulder, etc
- Barbacoa sauce: 4 chipotle peppers in adobo sauce 1/3 cup Apple cider vinegar 1/2 medium onion 5-6 garlic cloves 1 tbsp cumin (add a second if needed after tasting) 5 whole cloves or 1/4 tsp ground cloves 1/2 tsp cinnamon 2 tsp pepper 1 tbsp salt 1 tbsp dried oregano 1 tbsp ancho chili powder (optional) 1 cup beef stock or water Juice from 1/2 lime
1. Add ingredients for barbacoa sauce to blender and blend together.
2. Brown short ribs in dutch oven or roasting pan on all sides on stove top
3. Deglaze pan with 1/2 can of light or Mexican beer and reduce by half
4. Add barbacoa sauce and bring to a boil. Add beef stock or water if needed to nearly cover short ribs.
5. Cover dutch oven or roasting pan and move to 325 degree oven for 2-4 hours until fork tender
6. Shred meat and add to a tortilla with cilantro, onion, cheese, a squeeze of lime juice, and some hot salsa