Grammar wizards, March 8th is the day for you! If you already thrive on fixing punctation, contemplating the right verb to use, and re-reading everything you write at least twice—we applaud you!
Regardless, proofreading is incredibly important, especially in a professional setting. Everybody makes mistakes, but it can be a bit embarrassing making a typo in a mass email or even sending an email prematurely, as Tumblr user “and-down-we-go” can attest on their mother’s behalf:
Here are some tips to help you avoid a workplace word mishap:
- Triple check your writing: take a minute or so to go over your writing piece before sending or posting it.
- Have a coworker check your work: sometimes your brain adds words into your writing that aren’t there, so have someone read it over to see if they catch anything you missed.
- Offer to help your coworkers: just like you might miss things in your own work, so too might your cubicle-neighbor.
- Brush up on your grammar: if you’re having trouble keeping track of things like they’re, there, and their, that’s okay! There are a ton of free online resources to help strengthen your skills.
- Download Grammarly: Grammarly is a writing tutor that you can keep in your browser! Whether you use the full version or the Chrome extension, Grammarly can be a lifesaver!
About Contemporary Staffing Solutions (CSS)
Contemporary Staffing Solutions (CSS) has been a leading provider of contract, temporary, temporary-hire & direct hire solutions. Originally a staffing agency, we have evolved into a national provider of workforce management solutions with a niche recruitment focus in Accounting & Finance, Call Center & Office, Human Resources, Sales & Marketing, Information Technology, and Salesforce. We respect our clients and candidates equally while keeping the client’s best interest in mind. We operate with pro-active pipelines, with the highest business ethics, a winning spirit in our approach, a team-oriented workflow, and with real cross training. The CSS team coaches you with current business intelligence so that we can manage your expectations. It’s what makes CSS great and, most importantly, FUN to work with!