Optional Announcement Message Bar (Remove when not in use!)
Posted: Mon, 16 Mar 2020 12:55:45 -0400
Job Type: Temp/Contract
Skill Set: Mid-Senior level (4-10 yrs)
Full Stack Engineer to join our Engineering team. You would be an early hire in a fast-growing startup like environment. If you are excited about building scalable, highly available systems, then this is the right role for you.
· Use object-oriented languages like Java, Clojure, Scala, etc to build and maintain systems.
· Build efficient, scalable, reusable back-end services and RESTful APIs to power our Mobile applications
· Refactor existing systems to meet business needs. Familiarity with various development tools and IDEs that will help in delivering world-class software
· Design web-based / systems that support Client’s architecture. Systems should be able to scale with the growth in business and provide accurate functionality to our customers. This requires demonstrated skills in building systems that are testable
· Experience with Data Structures and Data Modeling and use of Relational Databases (like Oracle, Postgres) to realize the data models
· Experience working with REST Apis or equivalent to understand, design and build service-oriented architecture.
· Work with Project Management and other developers to understand design requirements and provide estimates for development
· Stay current with the latest back-end technologies and best practices and share your findings with the team
· Help evolve our back-end stack and mentor our other developers when it comes to patterns and best practices.
· Work as part of an agile team across a variety of application domains
· Troubleshooting issues with existing architecture and code
· Strong focus on designing and implementing testable code, as well as fanatical about automated test coverage at all levels of the testing pyramid.
· Ability to contribute to each step of the product development process (ideation, implementation, and release)
· Excel with agile development methodologies like XP and Scrum
· Work with UX designers and product managers to realize prototyped solutions of requirements into functional software and A/B test solutions.
· Experience with play/spring boot or other modern java frameworks
· Experience with Java App Server technology (i.e. Tomcat)
· Experience with containerization (Docker, Kubernetes, etc)
· Basic understanding of HTML, CSS, and responsive design
· Passion for designing and implementing good REST APIs
· 5+ years of back-end development experience and a bachelor’s degree in computer science or related field
· Familiar with cloud infrastructures such as AWS
· Experience working in a fast-paced environment; continuous deployment, test-driven development, agile methodologies.
· Experience building robust, highly available, and scalable web services
· Experience building consumer-facing products and a passion for using technology to improve the lives of our customers