Posted: Thu, 23 Apr 2020 12:30:30 -0400
Location: Jacksonville, FL
Industry: Accounting Finance
Job Type: Temp/Contract
Skill Set: Mid-Senior level (4-10 yrs)
Senior Financial Systems Specialist
A knowledgeable job-seeker with experience in accounting is needed for a Senior Financial Systems Specialist position in Jacksonville, FL! As the Senior Financial Systems Specialist, you will primarily be responsible for maintenance, configuration, and support of critical enterprise financial systems while ensuring adherence to generally accepted accounting principles, regulatory reporting requirements, and internal controls. This position offers $35/Hr.
Responsibilities of the Senior Financial Systems Specialist include:
- Configuring the financial system to achieve desired business outcomes including complex accounting rules and/or chart field maintenance
- Understanding transaction-level accounting flow and presents solutions to senior team members that lead to efficient accounting processes including associated financial system and process controls
- Participating on project teams as an SME within or external to Finance on one or more financial systems, including participation in business requirement gathering, creation and review and may participate in system requirement development
- Validating system-testing results prior to the implementation of new or enhanced interfaces and provide support to impacted areas
- Providing support on financial applications for problem resolution, financial report writing and enhancements and monthly update processes
- Collaborating with peers and different levels of management in Finance and IT to ensure priorities are clearly articulated. Responsible for escalating requests on behalf of business users.
- Resolving system and/or business process problems and issues and/or mitigate risks to systems and business processes.
- Monitoring interfaces between or within a financial system and resolves out of balance issues identified in reconciliation processes in collaboration with IT
- Providing support for management of a one or more financial system’s new products, new reporting requirements, or improvements to current processes
- Assisting in the development of business project plans and implementation plans to support major deliverables of applications
- Identifying and recommends improvements to financial systems to financial system team management
- Assisting senior team members in the development of training materials and may conduct training sessions on new processes and modules
Perks of Working with Our Client Company (for full-time employees):
- Excellent health plans and HSAs
- Dental, Vision, and Life plans
- Paid Parental Leave
- Optional pet insurance
- 401K plan
- Paid Time Off and Volunteer time off
- On-site health facilities and even intramurals!
Requirements of the Senior Financial Systems Specialist:
Contemporary Staffing Solutions (CSS) has been a leading provider of contract, temporary, temporary-hire & direct hire solutions. Originally a staffing agency, we have evolved into a national provider of workforce management solutions with a niche recruitment focus in Accounting & Finance, Call Center & Office, Human Resources, Sales & Marketing, Information Technology, and Salesforce. We respect our clients and candidates equally while keeping the client’s best interest in mind. We operate with pro-active pipelines, with the highest business ethics, a winning spirit in our approach, a team-oriented work flow, and with real cross training. The CSS team coaches you with current business intelligence so that we can manage your expectations. It’s what makes CSS great and, most importantly, FUN to work with!
- 5+ years related work experience working with large corporate ERP systems
- Related Bachelor’s degree or additional related equivalent work experience Accounting, Finance, Accounting Information Systems, Information Technology or related
- Working knowledge of or experience supporting ERP, or EPM, or related financial systems
- Familiar with project management terminology.
- Experience with implementing automated solutions for financial processes
- Ability to multi-task and handle several assignments concurrently while still meeting deadlines.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills.
- Experience working for a public accounting firm
- Experience working in the health care industry