Essential Duties and Responsibilities
- Functional requirements review (i.e., verify requirements as testable);
- Trace requirements to test cases to verify test coverage.
- Test case development.(Manual and Automated)
- Works with test lead to estimate test case build and execution effort (e.g., initial pass rate assumptions, defect blocking assumptions).
- Reports on test execution progress and defect status.
- Participates in defect review meetings.
- Provides input to continuously improve test methodology.
- Provides input to standard test metrics and reporting.
- Development of test coverage strategy and priorities;
- Analyzing the requirements for completeness, correctness and clarity to drive the testing effort;
- Defining the test targets.
- Identification and creation of the necessary test data;
- Debugs the development and execution of test scripts against the targets of test;
- Analyzing test failures;
- Analyzes metrics for quality assessment;
- Mentoring Software Quality Testers.
- Work with supervisor to develop the test plan scope, coverage and objectives;
- Works within the project team and test team to address issues and report status;
- Works with the Business Analyst to analyze and develop the proper test coverage;
- May work with Business Analyst to influence and monitor User Acceptance Testing.
- Analyze requirements to identify and prioritize test targets; verify requirements as testable
- Develop test cases to verify requirements according to standards/best practices with alignment to test plan/strategy.
- Provide estimates to develop test cases and then build according to project schedule;
- Support test case execution and defect management.
- Provide quality metrics for test case build, execution, and defect management activities.
- Provide leadership and mentoring to Software Quality Testers;
- Provide input and monitoring of User Acceptance testing.
- Developing and recommending solutions for test planning and process improvement;
- Decision making opportunities in the areas of functional test coverage, metrics analysis and quality assessment.
- Evaluation/selection of appropriate tests, testing methods, etc., leveraging technical expertise to make independent decisions.
Specific Job Knowledge
- Experience in software testing in multiple environments including test planning, test cases development, execution, and quality assessment;
- Responsibilities require analysis of variety of complex options, and ability to make independent decisions on unique or varied matters
- Extensive experience developing test cases and test scenarios from use cases and/or requirements specifications;
- Strong Analytical and Problem Solving Skills; strong attention to detail.
- Experience with various software testing strategies and approaches (e.g., parallel testing, regression testing);
- Good understanding of Quality Control and Quality Assurance concepts.
- Knowledge of test metrics and how they are used for decision support.
- Knowledge of common programming concepts, practices and structures;
- Knowledge of SQL and database query tools;
- Knowledge of test automation tools and effective implementation techniques;
- Experience with Requirements Management, Test Management and Defect Management Tools.
- Knowledge of the core QVC business processes and supporting business applications;
- Ability to analyze business requirements to determine test cases and verification points required.
- Exposure to tools like ALM, Jira, SOAP UI, TOAD/AQT, Queue viewers etc