Junior Systems Administrator
Our client is looking for a Junior Systems Administrator for a 4-6 month contract to potential hire in Philadelphia, PA!
The Junior Systems Administrator is responsible for providing 2nd Level infrastructure support/problem resolution as well as assisting the Systems Administrator with all aspects of our infrastructure. As part of the core competencies of the position is to have a high-level of competency in the technologies of the company. This position serves support services in those solutions and can perform service and support across all levels below this position.
The First level of responsibility for this position is to provide support for our network and its users at an enterprise level. Included is the continued support of the Help Desk and its daily tickets being addressed and completed. Understanding the issues involved with administering and maintaining our network connectivity, Internet access, User Accounts, email, etc. Participate in IT Meetings to create initiatives and address service issues is also required.
The Second level of responsibility includes 2nd tier support for the infrastructure. This includes the servers, operating systems, networks, and server applications currently running in production. Also includes monitoring the performance, patching, availability, reliability, and security of all systems and will make suggestions where appropriate for status or change. The position requires weekly status and monthly updates to the Information Technology Manager and Director. Assists in the training of other Desktop technical staff and works closely with the current Systems Administrator to streamline our IT tools and procedures.
- Monitoring: Configuring, updating and assigning monitoring sets, reviewing monitoring alerts, working with our clients, Service Desk staff and Technical staff to respond to alerts from pro-active monitoring.
- End User AD Support: Creation and administration of current and former User accounts
- Help Desk: Monitoring and completion of assigned tickets within Kaseya. Maintain the ability to anticipate user requirements and identify and resolve complex problems; strong customer service and communications skills. Perform situation analysis and recommendation for problem solving. Maintain working knowledge of site-specific applications
- Printer support: Printers and print server issue resolution.
- Deployment: Deploying and configuring agent software on desktops and laptops for clients, removing agent software from computers being retired, managing machine groups and user accounts. Managing and deployment of company standard Image.
- Asset Management: Scheduling auditing of hardware and software.
- Antivirus/Antispyware: Deploying and configuring antivirus software to servers, desktops and laptops, monitoring antivirus status, working with our clients, Service Desk staff and Technical staff to troubleshoot virus related issues and to perform virus/spyware/malware remediation work.
- Reports: Creating reports - for routine use and for automated monthly reports, creating reports - for one-time, ad-hoc situations, scheduling and
- configuring periodic reports for delivery to clients, review monthly automated reports for accuracy and confirm delivery.
- Documentation: Creation of documents related to issue resolution and installation of network applications and related software.
The Junior Systems Administrator will assist the Systems Administrator in the following:
- Server maintenance and patching (2008R2 to 2012R2)
- Patch Management. Watch for availability of newly released patches/updates, installation of all third party patches and updates to client environment, working with our clients, Service Desk staff and Technical staff to troubleshoot and solve issues with patch installations.
- RDS Farm including Remote Apps
- Validation of backups
- Phone Systems including Voicemail and Call Center
2nd Level Application support of the following:
- Work closely and assist Systems Administrator with SAN Environment Administration
- Outlook 365 administration
- Support Microsoft Operating Systems and Microsoft Office Products, including Access, Visio, and Project
- Microsoft Exchange, including messaging, collaboration and client
- Microsoft SharePoint Online
- Switches, Routers, and the management of network infrastructure
- IIS and Web Servers, servlets, and security
- Work closely with team System Administrator for continuous training and issue resolution
- Initiate, follow through and complete infrastructure projects as assigned by Management
- Oversee the provision of critical and essential infrastructure services to locations both site and enterprise-wide
- Assist to deploy IT operation standards, processes, and procedures and ensure production service levels are maintained
- Assist System Admin with defining and producing operational metrics on systems, database and network performance
- Deploy and manage networked printers
- Maintain compliance with governmental regulations such as HIPAA and NIST
Skills and Knowledge:
- Expert knowledge of servers, operating systems, networks, and server applications.
- Experience in implementing and deploying architected solutions at the infrastructure level
- Ability to monitor progress and report results as needed during implementations
- Ability to identify group conflict and facilitate resolution
- Thorough understanding of distributed systems architecture and comprehensive knowledge of multiple technical disciplines
- Ability to solve network server problems or network infrastructure issues and to manage the
- Ability to anticipate user requirements and identify and resolve complex problems; strong customer service and communications skills
- Demonstrated knowledge of network provider services and understanding of network implementation principles, routing protocol options, and LAN/WAN principles, Firewalls, Internet Connectivity
- Performs audits and technical reviews of disaster recovery, continuity and compliance items relating to the company
- Familiarity with various operating systems available, with experience in installation and administration of one or more operating systems
- Ability to plan and manage day-to-day computer operations, systems and database administration, and network operations
- Communicates with departmental and business unit managers, as well as project manager and leaders, to define support initiatives and solutions
- Interacts with individuals at all levels of the organization as well as building relationships with clients
- Has effective working relationships with peers in other areas of IT organization, which are essential for maintaining good relations, facilitating communications, and soliciting useful feedback
- Has collaborative working relationships with outside vendors, which will help to enhance service delivery capabilities
- Develops relationships with professional organizations, peer groups, and industry trade groups to stay current with technology; attends conferences
- Bachelor’s degree in Computer Science, Engineering, or related discipline; equivalent experience acceptable
- Three to five years of related experience in infrastructure/network environments performing net- work support and planning. Hardware and software implementation. LANs/WANs using the latest technology
- Telecommunications experience is a plus
- Significant experience and knowledge in new computing technologies
- Three or more years of experience in which one or more of the following occurred:
- demonstrated high competency in the execution of multiple project implementations
- demonstrated ability to keep cool under stressful situations