Our client in Boston, MA is looking for a Front End Developer for a 6 month contract to hire opportunity!
Seeking a savvy, user-focused engineer who has delivered stellar results at a successful tech company or start-up. You will be part of a small, cross-functional, largely autonomous product engineering team, collaborating with other developers, designers and the product manager to extend our cloud-based web platform. As a front end developer, you will have end-to-end ownership of features and projects, from brainstorming and architecture through to testing, release and maintenance. You will be expected to ensure the software we write is universally high quality, and to support your fellow developers through mentorship, feedback, code reviews, and advancement of internal tools and processes.
- Partner with product managers and designers to deeply understand the needs of our users and build a product that serves those needs
- Build interfaces to record and report on millions of transactions of secure, sensitive health data
- Write modular, secure, and well-tested code
- Design and build software capable of reaching millions of users
- Ensure our development environment is best in class by delivering improvements to internal tooling and direct partnership with our product platform teams
- Work closely with operations and account management to respond quickly to issues for our users and solve those in a permanent and scalable way
- Articulate a technical vision for a more enlightened way of working and work with multi-functional partners to deliver that vision
Experiences, Skills, and Abilities
We are looking for someone who is passionate and thrives in a cooperative environment.
We ask that you have:
- Experience working with client-side state management and routing libraries
- Knowledge of accessibility best practices and a drive to build user focused interfaces
- Previous success developing, shipping and maintaining interfaces for a large-scale web application
- Enthusiasm for technology, and an aptitude for learning and using new technologies
- Desire to grow outside your technical comfort zone, give and receive and constructive criticism
- Proven analytical thinking and problem-solving skills
Other useful skills include:
- Experience in Agile development methodologies, preferably both Scrum and Kanban
- Experience with unit and end to end testing frameworks like Jest and Cypress
- Excellent debugging and refactoring skills
- Experience with build scripts and Node server environments
- Experience with GraphQL clients like Apollo or AWS Amplify