Designs, maintains, and provides support for the desktop computing environment, delivers technical and software support to all end users (office and plant-based), and ensures proper computer operation so that end users can accomplish business tasks. Works in and understands the "client" server, storage, and networking environments.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- Analyze, troubleshoot, and resolve complex problems with business applications, networking, and hardware
- Participates or represents department requirements on assigned projects as directed
- Install, configure, and test upgraded and new computers and applications based upon organization
- Partners with business leaders in identifying hardware/software needs and provide advice regarding current options, policies, and procedures
- Troubleshoot network accounts and other business application access issues until resolved
- Oversee server room for assigned location(s) including standard maintenance
- Other responsibilities as assigned
- Strong communication skills. Adept at oral communication, listening, interpersonal, and written communication skills.
- Inclination to share knowledge. Continually educate and update the "client" Industries business functions and IT departments
- Busy Savviness. Ability to speak in business terms translating technical concepts into business terminology.
- Service Mindset. Excellent customer service skills, real-time communication, simplify complexity in communication.
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required.
EDUCATION and/or EXPERIENCE
- Associates Degree, Technical Training or equivalent hands-on experience in providing end user technical support
- Prior service desk experience
- A+ or MCP (Microsoft Certified Professional) certifications preferred but not required
- Mac Support Certification or experience or willingness to learn Mac support
- Has high-level knowledge of computer hardware, operating systems and desktop applications, printers, Scan guns, remote access and remote control software and data cabling
- High-level understanding of customer service software, local area networks (wired and wireless) file, print and email servers, video conferencing and voice systems
- Project management experience a plus