Duck Creek Developer
Responsibilities of the Duck Creek Developer include:
- Responsible for development of complex configuration in Duck Creek application
- Work with Business and subject matter experts to gather and validate the requirements
- Work with development lead on designing solutions
- Provide guidance or mentorship to the team where applicable
- Provide inputs to testing scope and review artifacts
- Provide support to test events and support elevate activities
- Identify, escalate and mitigate challenges in delivery both from a technical and functional standpoint
- Designs, develops, troubleshoots, debugs, and implements Duck Creek Rating & Policy to build new insurance products and lines of business that meet all business & technical requirements
- Integrates applications with backend databases, third-party APIs and other Data sources.
- Researches, tests, builds and coordinates the integration of new products and services per business requirements.
- Responsible for Designing solutions in core Duck Creek application components, e,g Example Server, Express, TransACT, Forms Engine, User Admin, Author etc.
Requirements of the Duck Creek Developer:
- Bachelor's or Master's Degree in Computer Science, Information Systems
- Minimum 5-8 years related industry experience in system development and implementation.
- A minimum of 5 years of hands-on experience in developing applications using C#.Net and SQL Server
- A minimum of 5 years of experience with P&C Insurance software applications, specifically Duck Creek Policy
- Strong knowledge of Agile development methodologies including some of the following: Scrum, Kanban, Lean, Test-driven development, and Behavior-driven development preferred.
- Team player that puts the success of the team ahead of their personal success
- Results, action-oriented, with a “whatever it takes” attitude
- Shows concern for quality in their work and practices continuous improvement
- Interacts professionally, appropriately and courteously with co-workers
- Experience with systems integration
- Critical Skills
- Responds well to change.
- Handles multiple demands / priorities effectively.
- Adapts to best fit with situation at hand.
- Handles conflict effectively.
- Develops new skills quickly. Willing to accept new responsibilities.
- Takes initiative & accountability.
- Good organizational skills.
- Has experience managing projects and staff.
- Advanced technical skills or specialized knowledge.
- Analyzes tasks, dependencies, and resource needs.
- Manages budgets and performs financial activities effectively.
- Understands system development life cycle (SDLC) including AGILE methodology; uses project methodologies.
- Solves problems.
- Understands fundamentals of insurance,
- IT best practices, and technology.
- Understands business processes and process improvement.
- Connects business problems to technical solutions.
- Validates that solutions achieve desired business result.
- Deliverables Management. Matches business requirements to deliverables.
- Understands & meets deadlines.
- Holds others accountable. Proactive identification and management of risk. Manages multiple workstreams
- Works effectively across multiple groups (both internal and external).
- Experience managing scope and change control.
- Effective communication and relationship building skills
- Influences others. Transfers knowledge to others. Has experience working with multi-vendor projects and related communications challenges.
CSS works with our clients and candidates to communicate the opportunity being extended along with the experience required and approved by the client. In turn, the compensation is based on experience and the decision to extend an offer at a specific amount is determined by the hiring company, not CSS. We value the opportunity to represent you and are legally obligated does not and shall not discriminate on the basis of race, color, religion (creed), gender, gender expression, age, national origin (ancestry), disability, marital status, sexual orientation, or military status, in any of its activities or operations.
CSS Tec offers a range of IT professionals skilled in these roles: Salesforce Consulting/Administration, Project Managers, Scrum Masters, Cloud Architect, Developers (.NET & JAVA & Full Stack) Business Analysts, QAs, System Administrators, Network Engineers, Help Desk Agents, and Desktop Support Analysts. We specialize in Contract, Contract-to-Hire, Direct-Hire, and Project-based positions staffing nationally in the IT space. CSS helps organizations execute on key initiatives by delivering critical enterprise resources to complete projects, gain operational efficiencies, and drive customer success for our clients.