Sr. Datawarehouse Engineer
A Sr. Datawarehouse Engineer is needed for a Direct-hire position in Fort Washington, PA.
Responsibilities of the Sr. Datawarehouse Engineer include:
- Work with IT and business partners to strive for greater functionality and utilization of the EDW to support the reporting and analytics needs of marketing, financial analysis, and supply chain/call center operations.
- Build processes supporting data transformation, data structures, metadata, dependency, and workload management while adhering to best practices.
- Identify, design and implement EDW improvements via automation, optimizing data delivery and efficiencies in data architecture and process.
- Work with stakeholders to correct data-related technical issues and support their data needs.
- Lead resolution of EDW loading issues.
Requirements of the Sr. Datawarehouse Engineer:
- BS degree, preferably in Information Technology, Management Information Systems, Computer Science, Mathematics, Statistics, Operations Research or other quantitative disciplines
- Post-college training/coursework in Data Management and ETL/ELT vendor tool use
- 5+ years of Data Warehouse Development
- 3+ years BI/Dashboarding
- Strong practical and theoretical knowledge of Data Warehouse design concepts including Kimball and Inmon methodologies
- Experience with business-to-consumer (B2C) data
- Familiarity with Financial, Sales, Marketing, and Logistics reporting environments
- Advanced working SQL knowledge
- Hands-on experience with ETL and ELT methodologies and tools such as MS SSIS, Informatica, Talend, Data Stage
- Experience with SQL Server 2017
- Experience with Cloud Data Warehouses (e.g. AWS Redshift, GCP BigQuery, Snowflake)
- Experience with Business Intelligence tools, such as Business Objects, MS Power BI, QlikSense, Looker
- Experience leading small development teams including offshore resources
- Demonstrated ability to clearly communicate with all levels within an organization
- MS SSAS cube design and development
- Data modeling experience including logical and physical data models
- Experience with object-oriented scripting languages (specifically Visual Basic .NET, Python, Ruby and Java)
- Experience with AWS S3 and JSON file types
- Curious and passionate about learning
- Must be able to work as part of a team
- Self-starters with a drive to succeed
- Able to meet deadlines and produce quality results under time pressure
- Comfortable supporting the data needs of multiple teams, systems, and products
- Have non-relational DB experience (e.g. MongoDB, Redis)
- CDMP (Certified Data Management Professional), CBIP (Certified Business Intelligence Professional), and/or Vendor-specific certifications a plus
CSS Tec offers a range of IT professionals skilled in these roles: Salesforce Consulting/Administration, Project Managers, Scrum Masters, Cloud Architect, Developers (.NET & JAVA & Full Stack) Business Analysts, QAs, System Administrators, Network Engineers, Help Desk Agents, and Desktop Support Analysts. We specialize in Contract, Contract-to-Hire, Direct-Hire, and Project-based positions staffing nationally in the IT space. CSS helps organizations execute on key initiatives by delivering critical enterprise resources to complete projects, gain operational efficiencies, and drive customer success for our clients.
CSS works with our clients and candidates to communicate the opportunity being extended along with the experience required and approved by the client. In turn, the compensation is based on experience and the decision to extend an offer at a specific amount is determined by the hiring company, not CSS. We value the opportunity to represent you and are legally obligated does not and shall not discriminate on the basis of race, color, religion (creed), gender, gender expression, age, national origin (ancestry), disability, marital status, sexual orientation, or military status, in any of its activities or operations.